WFAA's Santa's Helpers is celebrating its 45th year of collecting holiday toys for children throughout the Dallas/Fort Worth counties of Dallas, Tarrant, Collin and Denton.
The 2013 Santa's Helpers Toy Drive was a huge success providing holiday toys to more than 50,000 needy children throughout the four-county Dallas/Fort Worth area.
The 2014 Toy Drive is November 28 through December 22, 2014. The 2014 Santa's Helpers Campaign is generously being sponsored by Chick-fil-A, Don Davis Auto Group, Milestone Electric and Tom Thumb.
This year, Santa's Helpers will host 5 drive-thru events including:
- Cedar Hill - Uptown Village at Cedar Hill - Fri., Dec. 5 from 5-10 p.m.
- Frisco - Frisco Central Fire Station and Safety Town - Mon., Dec. 8 from 5-10 p.m.
- Grapevine - Grapevine Train Depot - Thu., Dec. 11 from 5-10 p.m.
- Fort Worth - Stockyards - Mon., Dec. 15 from 5-10 p.m.
- Dallas - WFAA Victory Park Studio - Thu., Dec. 18 from 5-10 p.m.
NOTE: An additional Drive-Thru opportunity includes Don Davis Auto Group at their North Collins location in Arlington Tue., Dec. 16, 5-8 p.m.
Toys can be dropped off at WFAA sponsor locations through Dec. 17th.
Over 25 community service organizations throughout the Dallas/Fort Worth area (Dallas, Tarrant, Collin and Denton counties) are approved to distribute toys to needy children, age infant through teen.
Some of the community service organizations and agencies which are approved by Santa's Helpers include: Adventure & Victory Youth, Inc., Assistance Center of Collin County, City of Fort Worth Cowboy Santa, Dallas County Community Action Committee, Denton County Toy Store, The Family Place, Frisco Family Services, GRACE, Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Center, Metrocrest Social Services, New Millennium Bible Fellowship, Operation Relief, Safe Hands, The Salvation Army of McKinney, Sharing Life Community Outreach, St. Philips School and Community Center, The Chocolate Mint Foundation, United Universe, Urban League of Dallas, West Dallas Community Center and West Dallas Multipurpose Center.
All agencies within the Santa's Helpers program are approved based on their ability to coordinate applications from needy families, access the Salvation Army "Holiday Clearinghouse" modem system for cross-referencing of names, and to adequately cover zip codes in areas where there is the most need.
- CrossFit Odyssey & Odyssey Martial Arts
- Chamberlain Performing Arts
- Northwood Women's Club
- Christmas Party Presented by North Texas Glass Assc.
- Ballet Ensemble of Texas
- Rugby Architectural Building Products
- Construction Specifications Institute, Dallas Chapter
- Hillcrest High School Interact (High School Rotary)
- Cock & Bull Neighborhood Pub
- KC Club, NeSmith Elementary, Lavon, Texas
- Lincoln Property Company
- Texas Republic Bank
- Odyssey Soccer Club
- Vox Humana with the Dallas Children's Chorus
- Vermeer Equipment of Texas
- Fort Worth Dental
- Keller ISD - Trinity Meadows Intermediate
- James Loomstein
- Heritage Middle School - Grapevine Colleyville ISD
- Drywall & Acoustical Contractors Association
- Digital Realty
- The Remington at Valley Ranch
- Lakewood Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine
- DeSoto High School Culinary Program
- Vision Bank
- Life Time Cycle Clubs
- Department of Homeland Security - Homeland Security Investigation
- Sons of Hermann Hall
- Random Warehouse Dropoff
- T Bar M Racquet Club
- American Airlines Center
- Facility Construction Services
- Target Purchase
- Kevin Sherrington
- CE-DFW Warehouse Solutions